Monday, November 03, 2008

Project "Out Back"

Canon 30D | EFS 17-85 @59 | 1/30s | f/5.6 | ISO 1600


Canon 30D | EF50 1.8 | 1/100s | f/1.8 | ISO 640


Canon 30D | EF50 1.8 | 1/400s | f/1.8 | ISO 400

About a year ago I started working on a personal project called Out Back. It's a photography project on alley ways (I know....very cliche). The thing is, I love these little hideaways. Each and every one of them has their own story to tell, where all you have to do is look and listen. My personal goal with this project is to collect up to five different stories (7-10 photographs per story),.....and maybe one day have them displayed in a gallery. Yes, we're finally shooting for the stars!!! But first thing's first......before I fire up the engines and engage the thrusters, I need to buy a new 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 lens...as I dropped and broke the one I had in half. It's a good thing it's not an expensive lens. It's also a good thing I'm not a pilot. Anyways.....here are some samples from from the two stories I have.

- Mike

1 comment:

  1. This outback project is pretty cool. I also really like alleyways. Not even kidding. Most people don't pay them much head but they make up a lot of space in a city. Anyways, it will be cool to see what you come up with.
    Also, like someone else said, the snow on the chair is a cool shot! (no pun intended!)

    ReplyDelete